Sunday, May 5, 2013

Scraps


















































































                               I'm well into sewing the Poppy Robe , and as I was cleaning up the scrap fabric, I was so taken with the eccentric curves and shapes-- what are essentially the negatives of the pattern pieces-- that I put them on the floor on a piece of black fabric, took a pic, uploaded it, and used the crop tool in Photoshop to create these smaller compositions.  This is a great way to learn about not only what I do and don't like, but to take the time to ask myself why  I'm drawn to some compositions and not to others.










































































This long skinny arched piece is an example of the kind of leftover shape that comes from trying to save on material by putting pieces as close together as possible. It's also the kind of shape I would never think to cut out, which is why I find these so interesting.






















No comments: